Are you looking for a photographer to assist you in second shooting or with any other general task? I serve the West Michigan area and beyond! Whether you are looking for additional photography coverage for a wedding or another event, or just an assistant, I would love to help you perfect your job at hand.
A little about me:
I’m a chameleon and adaptive by nature. As a professional with a bachelor’s degree in communications, I know how to proceed with the utmost care in formal situations–I am excellent at diffusing conflict, handling difficult clients, and delivering messages that need to be heard. I also shine when it comes to connecting with clients, getting shy subjects to open up, and handling the utter chaos that is most weddings! I also know how to have fun! Whatever the tone of your job and clients are, I can assimilate to. Likewise, though I have a loud voice (no problem addressing that entire wedding party!) and I am an intuitive performer that doesn’t necessarily require too much direction, I am perfectly comfortable quietly and humbly serving your needs with your specific instruction.
Whatever leadership style you prefer as the lead photographer, I can follow. My goal as a 2nd shooter is to place your work and professional appearance in the limelight and ensure the job goes smoothly.
My creative style as a lead photographer is lifestyle, documentary and candid, but I also shoot formal portraits and I am able to assimilate to the look of your work. I am punctual and dependable, detail oriented, and ready to accomplish the day your way. My creative style as a lead photographer is lifestyle, documentary and candid, but I also shoot formal portraits and I am able to assimilate to the look of your work. I am punctual and dependable, detail oriented, and ready to accomplish the day your way.
I have been practicing the art of photography for 8 years, and for the last 5 years serving the West Michigan area professionally with custom lifestyle portraiture, from infants and families to weddings and commercial/product photography. Beyond personal experience and continuing education, I also regularly mentor with professional photographers and assist colleagues in wedding and portrait work.
- Cameras: (2) Canon 6d Full Frames (I can shoot with dual cameras upon request). I also shoot film with a Canon Elan 7 (lenses below) vintage Polaroids (Spirit 600 and OneStep) and Fujifilm Instant Minis.
- Primary lenses: 35 Sigma Art 1.4, Sigma 50 1.4, Sigma 70-200 2.8, Canon 85 1.8, Canon 50mm Compact Macro and additional Canon glass.
- Lighting: Dual speedlites, Yongnuo triggers, diffusers, light stands, ring flash, additional LED lighting and accessories.
I always shoot RAW and come prepared with extra batteries, cards and SNACKS! =)
- 6 hour flat rate: $300. I’ll be happy to assist you during your peak work hours for a reasonable flat rate, additional time can be added at a reduced hourly rate. Need me for less time? Just ask and we can negotiate a price based on your needs.
- 6 hour flat rate: $150. Just looking for someone to set up your shots, organize your bridal party, change out your lenses and in general keep you refreshed during your work day? I’d love to help!
- Sure! I love to travel! I will gladly travel up to 1 hour from my home-base in the Muskegon, MI area for no extra cost. For additional hours of traveling, I will charge a small mileage fee based on the amount of distance. Travel requiring overnight stays will require additional fees but you’re in luck–I’m a friendly gal with family and acquaintances everywhere. If I am able to make accommodations without extra financial burden, I’ll pUpdateass the savings on to you! ? Detroit and Lansing area are lodging-cost free areas for me. Just ask–let’s chat about it!
- I accept Paypal, cash or check made to Chantal Elise Roeske or Chantal Elise Photography. Payment must be made the day services are provided.
- 4-5 choice RAW images from my set for my second shooting portfolio.
Let’s be pals and work together!
Need to know if I’m available on a certain day immediately?
Are you already 100% sure you want to rock this wedding or event together? Let’s get rolling with my 2nd shooting/assisting contract that protects both of us and lets you know just how serious I am about representing you professionally.